Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Garden Fun

Keeping up with my 100 in 100 paintings has occupied much of my blogging time.

But sharp clear sunshine pulled me outdoors with my camera today.


Usually bright overhead sun is too much for a good photo. But for some reason, it was just what this lovely marigold needed.

And I'm having fun with some humongous sunflowers growing in the cracks in my sidewalk. Yes, I know that's a bad idea from the sidewalk's point of view. But this section is already slated for replacement, so I let the flowers grow this year.


Here's an ordinary photo of a garden visitor, atop an about-to-emerge sunflower.





But shift position ever so slightly and he's got lots to say:


"Hey there, lady. Kindly get that camera out of my face.
I've got business to accomplish and you are in. my.way."
Amazing what a difference perspective makes.

3 comments:

Amanda Fall - Sprout editor said...

Ha! I looove the grasshopper with attitude. What a great lesson--the difference a tiny shift in our perspective can make. And that marigold? Whew! Gorgeous.

aquamaureen said...

Isn't he a cool hopper? That little shift in attitude reminded me of your recent post about just one more step . . sometimes the teeniest something can make a world of difference.

sharon said...

You take great flower photos!