Monday, July 20, 2009

Day 50 of 100

Oh.

My.

Goodness.



Day 50. Halfway through. Truly, I'm amazed.



And today's painting is a pretty good one to demonstrate the strength of this project. A few days ago, I got excited about using my rigger for a certain effect. Yesterday, I actually got just what I'd hoped for. Couldn't wait to try more today.






Except it didn't turn out as I'd envisioned. As I'd hoped. And that's okay. That's all part of this easy, play-with-it feeling.



That's what I commmitted to at the very beginning: for 100 days I would PLAY with watercolors.




If I ever lose that sense of play, I've lost the guiding force behind this project, at least as I have defined it personally. And playing includes falling down and getting dirty and getting back up again.



This painting didn't turn out as I'd hoped. I don't particularly "like" it. But when I created it, I was playing. Truly playing. And that's a very good thing.

4 comments:

Sharon said...

looks like a tree to me...

aquamaureen said...

it IS a tree :)

Lauren said...

love the idea of playing and getting dirty while doing so! nothing like a "digging in the dirt" to make you feel young, playful and lively!!

Amanda Fall - Sprout editor said...

I think it's fun. I enjoy the carefree nature of the line work.