Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Days 53, 54, 55, 56, and 57 of 100

Time to catch up. I've been painting every day, but obviously, not posting. The past few days have included some hard physical work, some harder emotional work, and some deep deep praying.


Painting throughout that time wasn't hard at all. It seemed utterly natural. But I avoided the computer, because it represented more busyness than I could handle.


I think I'm back now to daily posting. We'll see. I like to offer my painting each day, because it seems to make a nice "sign-off" to the day's efforts. I came across a Victor Hugo quote recently: "When you have . . . accomplished your daily task, go to sleep in peace. God is awake." Isn't that a peace-inducing thought?


Here's Day 53. I like the color here, and the line work.
















Day 54. Still playing with the line work. This is a busy-er picture . . .
















Day 55. Spirals were calling out to me. The stuff I was working out personally seemed like a tornado. I think I was experimenting with the swirls to see if I could see some direction and purpose there.















Day 56 was when I found some shaky peace with what I was dealing with in my life. I just played with color. At first the applications seemed shaky and woobly--(technical term, there :). But at the end, I liked that no matter how out-of-focus my moments might seem, at the end they still make beautiful colors and patterns together.


















Day 57. Not sure if this is more spiralling, or "eye of the storm"--it didn't come out as I'd envisioned. All I know is that that is me, at the deepest, darkest center, and the dark is not "dark," but solid and sure.















I continue to be amazed at how this project has introduced me to painting as a way of wordless expression. I am quite loving it.

3 comments:

Lauren said...

and I can't tell you how I so enjoy each of your creations. really love the spirals. must go back to that "undizzy yourself" feeling that we both seem to relate to.

as usual...beautiful.

Anonymous said...

I echo Lauren. I am truly enjoying your creations. the colorful ones scream out "light and life."

aquamaureen said...

thankyouthankyouthankyou, Lauren and Tabitha. I've been hollering out LIGHT and LIFE and LOVE all this year. And I've been focusing a lot of my human work on letting go of whatever I do not feel God is leading me to do or be involved in or possess, at this current time in my life. A whole lot of undizzying . . .getting to know the two of you has been a special blessing in my life--truly a gift from God to me.