Monday, August 24, 2009

Days 84 and 85 of 100

Last couple days a little challenging. Still more work inside my home, wrestling through decades of possessions: sorting, selling, giving, trashing. Also sifting through relationships. Lots of prayer.

And through it all, the lovely constant of these daily paintings. So free from "should be" and "ought to." I rarely approach the page with any conscious preconception. I just let my hand pick up what it wants to, whatever brush, maybe the wax crayon, the spit straw. And the hands, directed by the heart, do their thing.

I do so love what has become a nearly effortless, wordless time of expression.

Day 84--couldn't get the photo to do justice to the luscious underwatery colors.




Day 85--after yesterday's swirls, I definitely wanted to try more lines.





All of this, just for the sheer enjoyment of it.

1 comment:

sema said...

It is great to just let yourself free while creating art.Good color combination in todays works.