Friday, August 21, 2009

Day 82 of 100

Had fun today painting. Actually had fun with the whole day and it's not over yet :)

Finally warm and clear after much rain and non-August type weather. I try to be happy in all kinds of weather, but my insides just sing in summertime.

I love the colors in today's painting--lemon and tangerine and olive . . . .


Swirled on wax resist first and then lemon yellow. Then applied more wax resist on top of yellow and then swirled on the orange . . .I loved the color combo, but the waxy designs looked like boobs . . . .so I swirled on some greeny stuff to break up the bosomy images . . . and ended up really liked THAT color combo. (this second picture isn't really the true colors--the close up changed the exposure or whatever. The first picture is more the actual colors of the painting)


Joy today. Amen.

1 comment:

Amanda Fall - Sprout editor said...

Oh, I really like these colors! Isn't it fun to play with something different? These are just perfect for summertime--you captured that feeling just right.