Monday, June 8, 2009

Happy Day


I'm thankful for today. For fresh starts. Grateful that I'm feeling peace and relief from sadness. Grateful even more that this came last night and this morning, even before the early morning fog rolled away and the sun came out, finally.


My sweet flowers say a lot of what I'm feeling. Miss Peony continues to stun with her enduring beauty, surviving hail and cold and rain. To me, her slightly ragged face only adds to her loveliness.




These dainty violas sprouted out in the lawn, were mowed a couple times, and still didn't give up. I honored their courage by transplanting them into a protected garden area. And they took root beautifully.









This batch of violas managed to stay put in the garden where they were first planted. Their claim to fame is that they lasted underground all winter and sprouted very early, under a cover of last year's old growth. Harsh weather deterred them not one bit. They were my first bit of flowering beauty this year.





















I love the sweet face on this pansy. She tells me that she doesn't care some might call her a "one-in-a-bazillion," generic offering bought at Walmart. SHE knows she is a one-of-a-kind beauty.



And last of all, my California poppy. Isn't she just pure sunshine??? And every year, she comes back. No matter what. More beautiful than ever.

Amen.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amen.
Maureen, you made my heart sing with your attitude for gratitude. Your flowers are just as amazing as you are dear friend and I'm grateful for YOU.


Tabitha

Amanda Fall - Sprout editor said...

Beautiful photos! I especially love the white and purple pansy.

I'm grateful for lighter, happier feelings today too--and for you!

Lauren said...

GORGEOUS!!

aquamaureen said...

Thank you thank you thank you, sweet Tabitha, Amanda, and Lauren. You water my soul.

Lauren said...

Maureen, I'm just swinging back here to post a follow up to your message on my blog. I want youto know that I was counting on you to bring up the Master Gardener. I almost wrote it myself but wanted to see if anyone would pick up on the deeper message about my post and go there. Thank you my friend -- you never let me down. I really do wish we were neighbors.

I think the weeds that scare me the most are the ones like the wild violets I described. They're the ones that look innocent enough...but then find a way to creep in and invade our lives. The job, the TV...even the blogging...if not managed could do damage. Sometimes it's just hard to know what's right...and I need a system of checks and balances to make sure I'm living in tune with the world.

As you could probably tell, I'm struggling today...really trying to keep my head up and find my way. I'm scared about my future...but hopeful that I'm on the right path. Waiting for that Gardener to make His grand plan a little more apparent to me.

I'm so glad to "hear" the upbeat tone in your voice today. I consider "meeting" you to be one of my greatest blessings. I'm glad you're having a good day.

Thanks again for your comment.
L

Leone said...

Beautiful photos. Flower are such happy creations. So many textures, colours and shapes. Just like us. So happy to hear today is a better day. Good day, bads and soon this too shall pass. I wish you lots of love and nurturing to heal the painful places.

sharon said...

stunning thoughts, dear one!

aquamaureen said...

Lauren and Leone: your words mean more than I can say. God has promised to set the solitary in families, and day by day, God is expanding my sense of what constitutes family. I feel so much less "alone" when I read comments such as yours.

aquamaureen said...

ooh, sharon . . .I LOVE that I can stun!!