Monday, April 20, 2009

Hold on to Hope


My heart is overflowing right now. My morning was filled with the sweetness of seeing progress in a personal relationship. That joy was tempered this afternoon by news of a suicide. A dear young woman who sponsors an artists' blog (ThursdaySweetTreat) shared on that site the loss of a family member. Comments on the site offered comfort, also revealing how many of them had also been touched by "the echoes of suicide."








My desire here is to reach out to anyone struggling, either with their own thoughts of suicide, or in the aftermath of someone else's attempt or successful act. Whoever you are, know that you are loved. I send my love out to you right now, right here.



I'm sharing some photos of my flowers here. That might seem silly at first. But we've had a really harsh winter, and I would have expected these little guys to have given up. But they didn't. Today was the first day they finally bloomed. Let their persistent beauty wrap you in the warmth of love, in hope, in the promise of a brighter day.






Hang on. I love you.



5 comments:

Jenjen @GottaLoveMom said...

That's an uplifting message - Hold on to Hope.
Thanks =D

Natasha said...

I wish I possessed the right words to express all that I am feeling right now...but I fear I don't. This post, your words, those images of those persistent, hopeful, beautiful flowers will stay with me for a long, long time to come. You are a magnificent soul who lights up the world...look at how bright your light is here and how much you have let it shine on others..you reached me and many more with this post just as you do with your work...thank you from the bottom of my heart for being here, for being you and for being such a special part of my life.
((((((((((((((HUGS))))))))))))))))

sharon said...

Awesome words as always, Maureen. You have a talent for finding the message that the Lord wants to convey through an "inanimate" object. Check out the song that has the chorus "Oh no, You never let go..." God knew the perfect timing for the blooms--in fact, I think I heard somewhere that the bulbs automatically stop growing when it is too cold. No idea if I am remembering accurately or not, but it makes sense. They bloomed here at the end of January and where you are at the end of April. Love you so much!

Amanda Fall - Sprout editor said...

Beautiful post. I, too, was deeply moved by all the comments at Thursday Sweet Treat, and the natural response to reach out to each other. I think that's a perfect antidote to depression--reaching out of oneself to find someone else, who sometimes also needs a kind word. Together, we can pull through.

And I'm still waiting on MY daffodils, a mile away from you! :)

L G Vernon said...

Hello, Maureen~~What a lovely blog you have! I really need to be a better blogger. I have three and never seem to take the time. I'll do better; I promise! Come see me at http://www.lgvernon.com Love ya! Linda