Friday, March 6, 2009

rode hard and put up wet



Oh boy. I did it again. I trusted somebody, asked them for help. I leaned on them and they weren't there. Ouch. Double ouch.

So now I'm picking gravel out of my face, nursing my bruises, cursing my weakness and stupidity.

I am so damn tired of crying.


But look at that giant sunflower. Beat down by hail. Gnawed on by grasshoppers. Does it stop? Does it let a building get in its way?

No way. No how.
Straight for the sky it goes. It grows.
As do I.
As do I.

2 comments:

Phoenyx Ravenswing said...

Greetings!

Even in your despair, your words are inspiring & hopeful. :-)

Thnx for the lesson in perspective. You are so right - they don't care. So why do we? :-)

Bright Blessings & Good Fortune! :-)
-Bird, from TST

aquamaureen said...

Bird--how incredibly sweet to scroll through my posts and find evidence that you have not only read them, but taken time to leave me your thoughts. You had no way of knowing how much I needed this, TODAY.